Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010!

The New Year is time to take stock of the past year, and look forward to the new year with expectation. Here are my reflections...
I would like to be able to tell you that in the past year I...
• Got back into my size 8 jeans
• Ran a marathon
• Grew three inches
• Read my bible every day
• Memorized a bible verse every week
• Perfected organic gardening
• Published my first book
• Didn’t say a mean word once

Instead, I have to confess that in the past year I...
• Am still working on the jeans issue
• And the tongue issue
• Joined the new Healthy Living Center and have never gone once
• Spent too much time on the internet
• Became the queen of carryout
• Killed most of the plants I touched
• Became addicted to Twilight
• Read my email more than my bible (Ugh!)
• Realized that my memory isn’t what it used to be

However, in the past year I also...
• Put together some pretty cool scrapbook pages that preserve our stories
• Got to know a wonderful young woman who will soon be my daughter-in-law
• Was able to give more than I ever have despite a bad economy
• Learned more than I could have dreamed from eight incredibly talented nursing directors who call me “Boss”
• Improved my photography skills
• And my writing skills

In the next year, I am hoping to...
• Get closer to fitting in those jeans
• Show people I love them more often
• Trust God more
• Sweat the small stuff less
• Cultivate gratitude
• Be more productive at work
• Find joy in every day things

How about you? What are your hopes for the New Year?

1 comment:

Term papers said...

I am absolutely agree with You That The New Year is time to take stock of the past year, and look forward to the new year with expectation. Here are Your some reflections. I have enjoyed reading. And Best Of luck For the New Year.