Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Homecoming. And an Anniversary of Sorts.

If you scroll waaaaaay back to the beginning of this blog, you will realize that I started it all two years ago this month. I blinked, and two years was gone. Two Christmases. Two Thanksgivings. Two years of birthdays and anniversaries and school events and sports seasons. And here we are again, at the beginning....

Last weekend was Homecoming. Again. I recorded the 2008 Homecoming on this blog. Somehow I missed 2009 (although there are plenty of photos.) Which underscores the importance of maintaining a consistent record of life. For some, it's a simple diary. For others, video recording. For me, it's photos and scrapbooks and this blog.

This is David's senior year. I'm not sure how he feels about that. In true 17-year-old form, David doesn't think open communication with his parents is very cool right now. As for me, David's senior year has ushered in some familiar emotions: anticipation, excitement, pride, and nervousness; and a few new ones: terror (of bad grades), angst (about his attitude at times); and awe (at how handsome he is - not sure where that came from.) Homecoming marks the first of many "lasts" for David's high school years. As is the Johnston High School tradition, it was a lavish affair.

No comments: