Sunday, December 19, 2010

What happens when you leave a message on the Miedema answering machine...

....or "Why email is usually your best bet."


I have made it a policy never to publicly bash my husband on my blog. But occasionally something happens that so perfectly illustrates the hard fact that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. Here's the most recent such example from our house. It might give you just a bit of insight about why I seem to be losing my mind.

Al: Did you get the message from Susan Janzen?

Felicia: You mean Shannon?

Al: Shannon who?

Felicia: Shannon Janzen.

Al: Whatever.

(Pregnant pause)

Felicia: Well, what was it?

Al: What was what?

Felicia: The message!

Al: Oh, something about your bible study.

Felicia: What about my bible study?

Al: I don’t know. She wanted you to leave something in someone’s mailbox at church.

Felicia: Who’s mailbox?

Al: I can’t remember.

Felicia: Let me listen to the message.

Al: I erased it.

Felicia: Why did you erase it?

Al: Because I figured you knew.

Felicia: How would I have known?

Al: It’s your bible study.

Felicia: That’s ridiculous!

Al: Why do you get so stressed out about everything? Call her back if it’s so darn important.

2 comments:

Billy Rain Cloud said...

I laughed so hard I nearly cried! That was hilarious!!!

Carrie Krupke said...

That's perfect Felicia! lol. Gerard and I had a conversation similar but it was because he couldn't come up with the right word he wanted to say. . . so we were playing "Guess what I'm thinking of" for awhile! *sigh* marriage:)