Sunday, July 17, 2011

Me & my iPhone

Now, I'm not usually into techy gizmos the way so many people are. I definitely do not run out to buy the latest new toy to hit the market. I figure it's better to let other people work the bugs out. So when my employer added the iPhone to the list of available phone choices at the same time my phone contract was due for renewal, I wasn't at all sure I wanted to take the leap. After all, I primarily use my phone for the purpose it was intended - calling people. I do keep up with my work email (because otherwise I would be buried in email every day), but I'm not much for the whole text message thing. Why on earth would I need a phone that plays music, tells the weather forecast, takes pictures, surfs the web, and allows me to read books on a screen that is the size of a deck of cards?

I have officially eaten my words.

This little device is amazing. It is so versitile; I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface on its capabilities. My favorite things about it:
  • I can get directions and watch as my car moves along the road to see where to turn next
  • I can track what I eat on Weight Watchers' mobile app
  • I can listen to music; something I haven't done in years
  • I can pay for my Starbucks coffee, and can reload my account directly from my work payroll withdrawal
  • I can check the weather radar, and track storms
  • I can listen to the radio - live
  • I can see how far I've walked
  • AND I can take some fairly decent photos.
I guess I'm convinced.
The last view of the field behind my house before it is turned into a road.
The last softball tournament of the season - 2nd place.
4th of July at the Sprague's Firworks Extravaganza
Midnight July 15 - in line for the premier of the Harry Potter finale
My grandmother's lawn chair - now a lawn ornament in my yard
Self portrait - the iPhone takes photos backwards too!
A thistle flower
David - being David
David and Lucy

No comments: