Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks. Given.



This is the view we woke up to this morning. Why does the first snow always catch me off guard? I mean, it's not like this is somehow a random, freak event that has never before occured at the end of November in the midwest. But somehow I'm never ready. The Christmas lights aren't up yet, for Pete's sake!

But before we jump into that frenzied season that I find myself dreading more and more each year, I'd like to stop and relive the past few days. Not everyone was here this year, but those who were did it right, I think. Here's a recap of just a few of the things that thanks was given for:

Lucy, Mom, Dad, brothers, house, food, cousins, uncles, aunts, and grandparents - Hannah
Friends, food, cool games, awesome cousins, etc. - Rachel
My family - Rebecca
My DS - Carli


That during these economically poor times, our family is not struggling - Sheila


Both Dan & I being gainfully employed; healthy and beautiful girls; wonderful report cards from school - Sharon.


A home, a job, and my family - Al
My family's health - Dan


The memory of Mama Nell, and the realization of how much she prepared me for this time in my life - Papa


The incredible work that God is doing changing lives in downtown Des Moines, and my incredible family - Darrin.

Yes, there is much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice recap of the weekend. I thought everything went well. It was enjoyable and thanks for having it at your home.