Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Count Down

Every year it seems to get worse. December careens by like a runaway train down a mountain. And here we are...three days before Christmas (because everyone knows that Christmas Eve is really the big day.) I'm so sick of everyone asking, in that polite "I don't really care" voice, "So, are you ready for Christmas?"! The answer is always "No, but it will come whether I'm ready or not." And I'm definitely NOT ready!

I have been attempting to slow down just a bit. It's hard. But I've found that forcing myself to take one photo per day - no matter now mundane the topic - has allowed me to stop for just a second, or a minute, and enjoy something. I'm planning to put them all together in a scrapbook that will be titled, simply, "31 Days." Here are a few highlights.













This weekend was our annual Schmitt family Christmas gathering, so that is one big hurdle jumped. We missed Warren because of blizzard conditions in northwest Iowa, but otherwise it was a wonderful time. As always, those cousins provided enough entertainment for all. Merry Christmas!

No comments: