Saturday, December 06, 2008

The wrestling season has begun!


I know it's hard to tell, but that is David's purple butt in this photo. The Des Moines Register's caption under the photo reads "At 140 lbs. North/Hoover's Juwan Parrish got the victory over Johnston's David Miedema." Now, is it just me, or does anyone else have an overwhelming urge to twist young Juwan's thumb right off? I mean, isn't there some rule about excessive celebration? This may sound a bit like maternal sour grapes, but I get pretty passionate about sportsmanship. And from my vantage point, this doesn't look like great sportsmanship.
David may have lost on Thursday, but he won 1 of 3 matches on Saturday. Not the strongest start to the season, but hey, he's only a sophomore, and there's a lot of season left. Go Miedema!

No comments: