Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pinned!




Turn him over (clap, clap)
On the mat (clap, clap)
Turn him over, on the mat, lay him flat! (clap, clap)

The old wrestling cheers are coming back to me as I've spent a LOT of time at wrestling meets over the past two months.

For those of you who missed the wrestling meets of the past week, there has been some pretty exciting stuff going on! David seems to be pulling things together and has done very well in several matches against Urbandale, Union, and Knoxville. Yesterday in his first match he pinned his opponent! It was a well-matched competition, with David nearly getting pinned himself in the first period, but getting a reversal and pinning the Knoxville junior in the second period. The Johnston crowd was ecstatic, but was probably more entertained by the insane mother who was screaming at the top of her lungs! I was so excited I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

Later, the conversation with David went something like this:

Mom: Everyone was so excited for you, David!
David: Yeah, I could hear it.
Mom: Could you hear me screaming?
David: Yup.
Mom: Does that bother you?
David: No; Actually it kinda helps.

Gotta love that kid!

No comments: