Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Wedding!



This is Al's nephew, Kyle Miedema, and his new bride, Abby. They were married last Saturday in West Salem, Wisconsin. I was working at St. Francis Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin the night Kyle was born. I remember his father, Ray, hunting me down to tell me his little boy had been born. He was so proud he was about to burst! I was privileged to be one of the first to see Kyle's wild head of blond hair.

I think it is the 5th wedding we've attended this year. Children of friends and friends of our children are getting married right and left. It's making me feel monstrously old. And yet not even a remote hint of marriage for either of our older boys. I worry I'll be senile before I hold my first grandchild.

It was also a good opportunity to capture a rare photo of all three of the Miedema siblings, Linda, Ray and Allen. My Al has been grey since he was about 30, but Linda and Ray have not a grey hair on their heads...what's with that?!


No comments: