Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stocking Feet...and Other Things That Make Me Happy



It's been awhile since I've posted anything about Darrin and McKenna. They're doing fine. In fact, I'd say they are doing just peachy. Last Sunday they spent the afternoon helping me put the finishing touches on the new doors on the first floor (I still need to tackle the upstairs), waiting somewhat impatiently for the big pot of vegetable soup to be cooked, watching football with Al, and generally just hangin' out.

We've decided we love McKenna, which is a good thing given how much time she is spending with Darrin. I do have one complaint, however. McKenna is one of those people who can eat like a wolverine and stay georgeously thin. A lesser person might be spiteful about that fact, but me - I just fantasize about stealing her skinny jeans.

Mostly, I'm just happy for Darrin. He seems genuinely smitten. I remember those days of gazing lovingly into Al's eyes for hours, hanging on his every word, fascinated by his every gesture. If only it could be bottled.....

No comments: