Tuesday, June 01, 2010

One man's trash.....

....is another man's treasure. And thank goodness! Coming off the heels of Darrin's wedding, the LAST thing I wanted to do was get ready for a garage sale. But with a little prodding from Al (ok, a lot of prodding) we took advantage of a clean garage and put the tables back up and began hauling JUNK from every corner of the house. Outgrown clothes. Gently (or not-so-gently) used sporting equipment. Incomplete sets of dishes. One used trumpet. Scores of childrens books and video games and movies. Even (gasp!) scrapbooking supplies!

For some reason Al is like a kid in a candy shop at garage sales. At his own, he thinks he is the CEO of a major retail company! He loves talking with all of the "customers" and negotiating prices. We have agreed that I do all of the pricing because he believes that the mere act of pulling something out of the closet inflates its value. I love you honey, but you can't get $10 for a Mickey Mouse t-shirt purchased at Disney World in 2004 just because it still has the tags on it!

At the end of the day our tables were bones and we had sold far more than we expected, making the effort worthwhile.

2 comments:

Doc said...

Felicia, you look like you are 25 and I llok like I am 105! No fair!

Doc said...

I am sooooo old I cannot even spell "LOOK" correctly!