Saturday, June 05, 2010

This could, just possibly, be a perfect day.

Saturday morning. 10:30. I am still in my pajamas. That is always a good sign.
I counted back Saturdays all the way to the first of the year and realized that I have not spent a Saturday morning in my pajamas in a VERY LONG TIME. I used to think spending a quiet Saturday morning doing essentially nothing was a waste of time.  When people said to me, accusingly, "You've never been to the Downtown Farmer's Market?" I always felt guilty, like sitting on my deck drinking coffee on Saturday morning was a sign of a serious character flaw. No more. I now realize that Saturday mornings are my refueling time. They are the times when I am able to catch up on the 5 or 6 quiet times I missed the rest of the week, notice what God is doing in my garden, listen to a few birds, and actually taste my morning cup of coffee. This is essential to my mental health, and probably my physical health as well.
There is no softball today, no high school graduation parties, and the lawn was mowed yesterday. The house could use a little cleaning, but I've decided (for today at least) that a clean house is highly overrated. Hannah needs some summer clothes, so I think we will venture out for some shopping and lunch.
On another topic, Darrin and McKenna are moved into their new house! They closed on an absolutely darling little (and I do mean little) Beaverdale bungalow last Friday. Last weekend the Spragues and us helped them get a sorely neglected yard trimmed into some beginning shape. It will need a lot of love, but after a lot of RoundUp and a good fertilizing, it is looking a lot better! Here are some photos.

The lord of the manor...
Even Lucy helped out.
Linda with her jet pack of RoundUp.
Who ya gonna call? Weed busters!
American Gothic - Sprague style!
Oh, and one last thing. People ask me how many people read my blog and I have to say honestly I have no idea. Once in awhile someone tells me they saw one of my posts, so I know that at least occasionally someone looks at it. If you happen to stop by, could I ask that you post a comment just letting me know you were here? That way I can decide whether this is really worth doing.  Thanks!!

3 comments:

Bill Riley said...

Of course it's worth doing. Your blog is AWESOME. You write your stories exactly like you would say them in person and honestly I missed your blog when you were on wedding-planning hiatus!

Felicia Miedema said...

Looks like it's you and me, Bill! :)

Bill Riley said...

Oh, there just have to be more--they're just shy! In Kathy's case she might just be avoiding her computer for awhile.

Keep them coming, if nothing else it is likely therapeutic for you to write and it's an excellent online journal!