Monday, April 02, 2012

Planning Easter Dinner

One of the down sides of being the only female sibling in the area with two younger brothers and one widowed dad is that I'm usually the one who is expected to coordinate holiday gatherings. I know many women who accept this role, take it in stride, and even love it. Not me. I spend my day every day coordinating, facilitating, and leading. Sometimes I just want someone else to make the decisions and tell ME what to do. So when Dad sent the following email, I decided to have some good old passive-aggressive fun.

Are the locals interested in having a late lunch at my house on Easter? If so figure out what we will have.
Dad


I'm up for it. It will probably just be Hannah and me. I can bring ham if that would help.
F.

Wyatt and I are in. I can bring whatever.
(Which we all know is code for "Just tell me what to do.")
Chris

I like whatever - especially if it is broiled with just a bit of lemon pepper. Perhaps Jason and Jo can bring something.
So the menu will be:
Ham
Whatever
Something
Winking smile
F.


Sorry for the late response but we were uncertain what we were doing. Anyway, we are in and can bring whatever.
Jason


Sorry, but Chris is bringing whatever, and too much whatever gives me serious gas.
You will need to bring something, as outlined in the finalized menu below.

Felicia

If Jason wants to bring whatever, then I guess I will bring something. Why does Jason have to be so difficult!!
Chris

Fine, I will bring something.
Jason


Who am I kidding? We all know how this is going to play out.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute Felicia and yep, I know how this will play out!