Wednesday, May 06, 2009

And so we begin again...







There are a few indisputable signs of spring....birds building their nests in our bushes, Al tilling the garden in the never-ending quest for prize pumpkins (somebody please tell me why he has chosen pumpkins, of all things!) and Hannah crouched behind home plate. Life once again moves at lightning speed as we race between games, practices, end-of-school-year events, and weddings (I think Darrin has had a wedding to sing at every weekend since the beginning of April.) But I don't mind. In case you didn't know, I loathe winter. So when the weather holds consistently above 50 degrees, even if it is accompanied by grey skies and a continuous drizzle, I am happy. I really don't mind the inevitable spring "cold" that hits when the pollen count hits near lethal levels (no, I do NOT have allergies!) I certainly don't mind mud puddles, though I'd prefer not to wade up to my ankles to take the dog into the back yard to poop. I sleep best in a thunderstorm. And I absolutely LOVE the daffodils and tulips that bloom in everyone elses' yard, even if I am insanely jealous about the fact that every deer and rabbit in a ten-mile radius seems to know that the smorgasbord is located at in my yard!

Ah yes, Spring is here!!

No comments: