Sunday, May 24, 2009

Photo Shoot 2





One of the top things on my "Bucket List" is to become a really good photographer. In case you haven't seen the movie by the same name, a Bucket List is a list of things you want to do before you die. I'm currently working on this one. Poor Hannah...since she is the only willing subject I can find, she has had to endure my amateur photography efforts over the past couple of weeks. She's been a pretty good sport about it, and thankfully the practice (and a little help from Photoshop) is starting to pay off.

This one is my favorite.

For some reason that I can't really explain, I am really drawn to old dilapidated farm buildings. I think it's something about the end of an era; the transformation from rural to urban; my own aging... Whatever the source of the attraction, I've always wanted to travel the rural countryside and photograph these old buildings. Maybe I'll enter a contest someday, or even publish a book of my photos (another thing on my Bucket List.) So last night I went about a mile down Meredith Drive to take photos of this old barn. We'll see what comes of this. I guess I can dream, right?



No comments: