Saturday, September 13, 2008

20 Small Things


I'm taking an online class over at http://www.jessicasprague.com/ that is helping me learn to be a better storyteller in my scrapbooking. After all, photos are great but it's the story behing the photos that is the real treasure. About a year ago I went through some very old Miedema family photos with Al's aunt, Marilyn. She was able to tell me who people were, where and when the photo was taken, and always had just a little bit of a story behind each photo. If I hadn't spent that time with her, those stories would someday be lost! So, here is one of the pages I've done so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about fish stories! I don't remember you jumping off the high board in Calmar. You would have been in college when that pool was built. You must have been so scared you didn't know you were in West Union's pool. Get your stories straight or I'm subscribing to a new blob.
Your Loving Sister,
Sharon

Felicia Miedema said...

Just call it "revisionist history!" I'm lucky I can even remember the names of the towns, much less where I may have actually been 40 years ago.