Friday, September 19, 2008



Homecoming. I always wax nostalgic at the mere mention of this annual event. The parade. The Big Game. The Dance. It's a very big deal. Al has never understood my excitement at the sight of a freshly Tee-Peed front yard early in the morning on homecoming day, or the sounds of giggling cheerleaders in the yard at 2 a.m. Call the cops?! Unthinkable!! It's all part of the fun. The weather could not have been better. We relaxed at the parade while Hannah collected pounds of candy from float-riders who threw to the kids lining the street. Tonight the game was standing-room-only as the community came out in droves to watch our Dragons pound on the Marshalltown Bobcats. Great fun.
This year David is a sophomore and it's his first high school homecoming. His first date is tomorrow night for the homecoming dance. The corsage is ordered; the attire is purchased and waiting to be freshly pressed tomorrow; the dinner reservations are made. And I am without a doubt more excited than he is. Check back Sunday for more photos. Meanwhile, I think I'll just pretend I'm sixteen for one more day.

No comments: